Club Presidents and Secretaries you will have received an email from Toastmasters International regarding assigning your proxy.
Your club has an important vote to cast during the Annual Business Meeting at the Toastmasters International Convention. Clubs will vote to elect the international officers and directors to the 2017-2018 Board of Directors as well as vote on Proposals for the amendment to the Bylaws of Toastmasters International.
As provided in the Bylaws of Toastmasters International, Article X, Section 1, a Toastmasters club in good standing is entitled to two votes at the Annual Business Meeting. To make your club’s vote count, assign your proxy and cast your votes in one of three ways:
- Send a delegate from the club who is attending the Annual Business Meeting to carry your club votes.
- Designate the 2017-2018 District Director Pedro Casillas to act as your club proxy.
- Designate an active member of another club to act as your club proxy.
NOTE: The club president or secretary must assign the club votes. If the votes are not assigned, they cannot be cast. Votes must be assigned even if you are assigning the votes to yourself.
You can assign them to District Director Pedro Casillas
To assign the club votes, go to www.toastmasters.org/clubcentral, log in, choose the club(s) you are assigning proxies for and click on Assign/Delegate International Election Club Proxy.
Once your club proxy is assigned, please advise the proxyholder to do the following:
- Visit Credentials to obtain an electronic voting keypad prior to the Annual Business Meeting.
For questions or additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you may visit Proxy Frequently Asked Questions.
- Attend the Annual Business Meeting to cast your votes. You must be present at the meeting to cast your votes using the voting keypad.
From District Administration Manager Paul Rhys-Taylor