As the District 91 PR Manager, I receive requests for speakers from local interest groups, clubs and institutions for example Oddfellows, London Ashridge Circle, Rotary and WI. Such organisations usually request a list of speakers and their topics. My solution is to create a page on our website with available speakers that I can point them to – a kind of Speakers Bureau.
The intention is to offer our members the opportunity to speak outside of their Toastmasters clubs and gain even more experience of public speaking. However, you will of course be representing Toastmasters. A fine balance is therefore required on quality and eagerness. As a consequence, I have drafted some criteria for those wishing to be listed in the Speakers Bureau.
Those meeting at least 8 of the 10 following criteria are eligible:
- Current member of a District 91 Toastmasters club and in good standing
- Completed the Advanced Communicator Bronze (ACB) or 1 Pathways Path (5 levels) or equivalent
- Delivered a 30-45 minute speech
- Has a notable specialist area of interest
- Offers a range of speeches on different topics
- Won a club contest
- Made a speech outside of Toastmasters
- Wiling to occasionally speak for free
- Willing to travel (usually paid) to nearby areas
- Available to speak on selected evenings and weekends
If you meet the criteria and are willing, then please email me the following:
- Bio 50-70 words
- Special interest and speech topics
- Website URL highlighting experience
- Show-reel URL or video of one speech
- Areas willing to travel to
- Headshot photo
I will create the web page over the Christmas holidays so send in your application soon.
District 91 PR Manager