There’s a wealth of information available to District Leaders. These resources will help you to make the most of your leadership role. They’ll help you to run training events, complete reports, engage more fully in PR and more.
Here is a quick list of the top resources available to you.
- District Leader Handbook
- District Recognition Program
- Club Visit Report and Serving Clubs through Visits – A Guide for Area Governors
- Policy and Protocol (a full set of governing documents can be found via https://www.toastmasters.org/Leadership-Central/Governing-Documents)
District Officer Training for Area and Division Directors
Our first round of District Officer Training was held in June 2015. The presentations and handouts from this session are available here: June 2015 District Officer Training Materials
Toastmasters International provides more training material and information than we were able to fit into our one-day session. Resources for the remaining sessions can be downloaded here. These sessions are highly recommended by Toastmasters International so do have a look at the following:
- Develop Successful Teams
- Enhance Club Quality
- Conduct Quality Speech Contests
The second round of District Officer Training will be held on Saturday the 23rd of January 2016 at the London Business School. Resources from that session will be made available here in due course.
Club Officer Training
Resources for all Club officer training sessions are available for download from Toastmasters International: Club Officer Training Materials.
Toastmasters International recommends day-long sessions for training club officers, however, as this isn’t something our District has done in the past we’ve looked at the material from Toastmasters and encourage you to include the following modules in your training, at minimum:
Round 1 COT – 1 June – 31 August
Round 2 COT – 1 December – 28 February
Additional materials for use at any time during the year:
- Moments of Truth Materials (login to toastmaster.org to get all the materials)
- link to the pdf of the Outline of the program here
- Online Judging Training
- Training Club Leaders
- Submitting Club Officer Training Reports
Marketing Resources for District Leaders
- How to Build a New Club
- How to Rebuild a Club
- Membership Growth
- Toastmasters Training for Area and Division Directors – Establish and Support New Clubs (Facilitator Guide, Participant Workbook, Slides)
- The key page on Toastmasters.org, with links for new club info is https://www.toastmasters.org/Membership/How-to-Start-a-New-Club.
PR for district leaders
Finally, check out the TI website for a range of Leadership resources.