District 91’s District Leadership Committee 2019/20 Report
In order to ensure successful district elections, the district director appointed this district leadership committee, whose work is critical in ensuring long-term district success. The role of this committee
was to seek out prospective candidates, evaluate and interview candidates, nominate candidates and provide this report.
Our District Leadership Committee members were chosen for their leadership abilities, commitment to the best interests of our members, coupled with their experience serving on District Teams. The committee members were:
- Paul Walsh (Interview Chair)
- Gina Rocque-Drayton
- Pedro Casillas (Chair)
- Paul Rhys-Taylor
- Barry O’Connell
- Jill Segal
Each of these committee members put in significant effort during the interview and presentation process and I would like to thank them for their diligence, integrity, and hard work in service of our members.
I would also like to thank District Administration Manager, Alison Morris, for her support in running the Interview / Presentation days.
The process for selecting suitable candidates for nomination was as follows:
- The committee formulated suitable questions, scenarios and a presentation topic with leadership, experience, and performance content.
- Candidates received pre-interview questions to return in advance of meeting the committee, allowing the committee to review responses prior to interview. They also received advance notification of a presentation topic to be delivered on the day.
- The members of the committee were split between an interview and presentation panel. Each committee member saw each candidate personally.
- In the interview, the pre-interview responses were reviewed and then they went through a further set of questions that the candidate had not seen before.
- In the presentation session, the candidates delivered their presentation, then were asked questions about the presentation, and had an opportunity to ask questions of the committee.
- After all interviews and presentations were completed on each day, a further meeting was held at which the committee discussed and reviewed each candidate’s suitability for the position sought.
- Committee members exercised their independent judgements with respect to all prospective candidates, having in mind the best interests of Toastmasters International and the district, as well as the experience, abilities and qualifications of prospective candidates.
- Candidates who were nominated for office were notified via email.
As Chair of the District Leadership Committee, I present the nominations for positions on the District Executive Council for the 2019/2020 Toastmasters year.
Pedro Casillas, DTM, Immediate Past District Director
District Leadership Team Trio Members
|District Director||Florian Bay|
|Program Quality Director||Arnaud Sartre|
|Club Growth Director||Helena Boden-Brewer|
|Club Growth Director||Bob Bowes|
For Division Directors:
Pedro Casillas, DTM, District 91 Leadership Committee Chair
|K||Liang T Li|
Floor candidates may declare their intent to run now that the DLC results have been announced.
For further campaigning information that is made available to all floor candidates, and to be included in the schedule of presenters at the candidates showcase prior to the council meeting, please contact Immediate Past District Director, Pedro Casillas.
At the elections, the District Director will inquire whether there are additional nominations from the floor.
I. Floor candidates must be nominated by a member of the district council or their proxyholder. Floor candidates may self nominate when they are a member of the district council or a proxyholder.
II. Floor candidates or, in their absence, their representatives state their eligibility qualifications.
III. Floor candidates for district director, program quality director, club growth director, and division director must sign the Officer Release and Statement Form prior to the election.
Election and Role Information
- District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Leader competencies
- For further information about these roles, please refer to the District Leadership Handbook and the District Administrative Bylaws, Article VII: Officers in the Toastmasters International Governing Documents
- Election and Campaigning Information
Appointed District Leadership Team Roles
The following roles are appointed by the incoming District Director – Public Relations Manager, Finance Manager or Administration Manager, as well as any committee roles such as for the Alignment Committtee, District Chief Judge and District Leadership Committee. If you would like to find out more about these roles, or express interest, please contact any of the current District Trio (Andy Hammond DTM, Florian Bay and Arnaud Sartre).
Area Director Elections
Please click here for information on the Area Director Role.
Please click here for the AREA-DIRECTOR-ELECTION-PROCEDURE, including information on how to notify the District Director of the results of the election.