Pathways is an evolution in the Toastmasters experience because you now get to customise your learning experience to fit your goals and needs. It allows you to explore brand new, dynamic projects that the current program doesn’t offer.
Pathways was designed to keep club meetings at the centre of your Toastmasters experience. The biggest changes you’ll experience are the new opportunities to grow more skills and master additional competencies. You can still expect the same support from your fellow club members and the familiar structure of your club meetings.
LEARNING PATHS AND LEVELS
Within Pathways, members will be able to choose from 10 Learning Paths:
Each Learning Path is made up of five Levels of increasing complexity. The program is designed this way so you’re always building on what you learned in the previous level. All Learning Paths contain the following Levels:
Level 2: Learning Your Style
Level 3: Increasing Knowledge
Level 4: Building Skills
Level 5: Demonstrating Expertise
Pathways is supported by new online resources. Base Camp is your online gateway to Pathways, where you will find everything you need on your journey. Here you can work on projects, track your progress, connect with members of your club and view badges and certificates you’ll earn along the way. Base Camp also features resources to help guide you, including videos, quizzes, interactive activities and more.
Within Base Camp you can take the Pathways Assessment online. The Pathways Assessment helps you identify the Learning Path that best meets your needs, interests and goals. In the assessment, you are asked about your experience, goals, interests and objectives.
Pathways Guides will help to prepare clubs for the arrival of Pathways. They are the first point of contact to help members with Pathways training. The Pathways Guides will:
- Conduct club visits to raise awareness and build excitement
- Educate club members about the program
- Support Vice Presidents of Education by scheduling regular virtual support sessions and submitting their questions to World Headquarters staff
Your club will be notified of your Pathways Guide nearer to the roll out date.
The roll out in our District is scheduled for March 2018. There is no specific date at present as it is dependent on the continuing success of earlier roll outs. However, there are some key dates in our preparation:
- Expressions of interest from members in the role of Pathways Guide by 28th October
- Preparing for Pathways workshop at District Conference on 4th November
- Submission of applications for the role of Pathways Guides by 11th November
- Appointment of Pathways Guides by 25th November
- Club visits by Pathways Guides and Ambassadors during January and February 2018
For more information, go to the website at:
You will find the answers to many of your questions at:
Or contact the D91 Chief Ambassador, Andy Hammond at: