The following modules must be included in the second round of Club Officer Training, which must be delivered by the 28th of February. Please ensure you are familiar with the content. You are free to conduct the modules in whatever way best serves your club leaders and to include other information that you think your leaders need. We will be covering this at the next District Officer Training in January 2016, however some of our Area Directors are delivering training in December so the information is provided now. Please contact Program Quality Director Vanessa King if you need further guidance.
Building on Achievement for Continued Success
The purpose of this session is to resolve challenges faced by club leaders relating to club success by review the current Club Success Plan and drawing upon best practices.
After completing the session, club officers will be able to:
- Identify and describe the key elements of Moments of Truth and how to apply them within your club
- Evaluate the current status of the club based on the Club Success Plan and how it applies to the Distinguished Club Program
- Construct a list of challenges and opportunities and discuss best practices to pursue them.
The purpose of this session is to emphasise the importance of quality feedback and evaluations by reviewing evaluation criteria and coaching opportunities.
After completing this session, club officers will be able to:
- State the importance of quality feedback
- Describe the evaluation criteria based on manual objectives
- Identify potential obstacles toward a quality evaluation
- Use the four steps of effective coaching in an evaluation.
The Art of Effective Evaluation
Area Directors may wish to follow up this training with a separate workshop on The Art of Effective Evaluation. This is a three-hour workshop which will enhance the standard of evaluations at clubs which embrace it. The Art of Effective Evaluation program is part of the Success/Communication series and will count towards an Advanced Communicator Gold award.