Nominations for Trio and Division Directors
Call for Nominations 15th December 2016
Serving as a District Leader is a great responsibility, but an exciting opportunity to further develop your communication and leadership skills. The District Leadership Committee (DLC) is seeking Nominations for the roles of Division Director, Club Growth Director, Programme Quality Director and District Director.
Please click on the links below for more details.
- District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Leader competencies
- For further information about these roles, please refer to the District Leadership Handbook and the District Administrative Bylaws, Article VII: Officers in the Toastmasters International Governing Documents
- Election and Campaigning Information
First call for Nominations for District Officers for 2017-18 by 15th December 2016
If you know of someone you feel would make a suitable candidate, or would like to nominate yourself, please complete the following paperwork
- From the candidate themselves
- Both Submissions should be made to
- the District Leadership Committee Chair Jean Gamester DTM at JeanTM@Semaphora.com
- Deadline for candidates to declare intent to run is Thursday 15th December 2016.
After this date, the DLC will contact candidates to arrange interviews and will seek out other candidates as appropriate.
The final report of the DLC will be circulated to District Council members by the 8th April 2016, 4 weeks prior to the District Council meeting on 6th May 20176, when voting will take place.
Any questions, please contact the Committee Chair Jean Gamester DTM.
Floor candidates may declare their intent to run after the DLC results have been announced.
At the District Council elections, the following procedure will be followed in respect of floor candidates for the roles of district director, program quality director, club growth director, and division director.
For each office, the district director inquires whether there are additional nominations from the floor.
- Floor candidates or, in their absence, their designees state their eligibility qualifications.
- Floor candidates must be nominated by a member of the district council or their proxyholder.
- Floor candidates provides a signed the Officer Agreement and Release Statement.
Appointed District Leadership Team Roles
The following roles are appointed by the incoming District Director – Public Relations Manager, Finance Manager or Administration Manager. If you would like to find out more about these roles, please contact any of the the current District Trio (Vanessa King DTM, Pedro Casillas DTM, Andy Hammond DTM).
Area Director Elections
Please click here for information on the Area Director Role.
Please click here for the AREA-DIRECTOR-ELECTION-PROCEDURE, including information on how to notify the District Director of the results of the election.