An Open-House Meeting is a meeting open to the general public to show case Toastmasters.
It fulfils a number of core purposes
- Raising the profile of Toastmasters in the United Kingdom
- Raising the club’s profile within its immediate vicinity and community
- Attracting a large number of guests to the club, the more the merrier!
- Encouraging guests to take an active part in an energetic meeting
- Amplifying the recognition of achievements and participation by everyone present
- Inspiring guests to join the club and become members of Toastmasters.
A successful open-house meeting will require a fair amount of prior preparation. A big measure of success of an open-house is to have an audience that’s highly engaged with the meeting itself so that it sees the benefits of Toastmasters first-hand.
To help you get started take a look at our Open House Guide.
For support and guidance on running an Open House please reach out to Helena Boden-Brewer D91 Club Growth Director.