Welcome to Oxford International Advanced online club
Have you been looking to level up?
Whilst it’s great to pay it forward and mentor others, some of you may also be looking for a way to stretch your speaking muscles even further and beyond your own club but don’t really fancy doing more District roles (or perhaps you can’t give the time needed).
If that’s the case you might be interested in Oxford International Advanced online club. They meet every 2nd and 4th Thursday 18:20-20:30 BST on Zoom. They organise themselves on Easy Speak so it’s easy to sign up if you want to come along.
Membership criteria is to have completed Level 3 in a path or the Competent Communicator manual as a minimum. But they especially hope to attract DTMs who wish to deliver longer more challenging speeches/ keynotes/ workshops etc and members who want to hear from professionals on how to use their skills to make money as a professional speaker.
We will also not be running standard club meetings and we will be offering additional training depending on the needs of the members. There is no requirement to be a dual member as with some other advanced clubs, but you can be if you want to be.
- 26/01 How to use the 12 Week Year
- 09/02 When is a Business Plan not a Business Plan?
- 23/02 Nailing your Wedding Speeches
- 09/03 Professional Speaking bodies
- 23/03 Speaker one sheets
- 13/04 Spectacular Showreels
- 27/04 Crafting and delivering a respectful and appropriate Eulogy
- 11/05 How to make an Acceptance speech
- 25/05 How to use Canva for your speaking business
- 08/06 Crafting your keynote
- 22/06 Facilitating a worksh
Previous proposed themes for meetings have been:
- 12/05 Get Booked! Tips from a pro
- 26/05 Starting a Speaking Business
- 09/06 Crash Course in Training Design
- 23/06 Spectacular Showreels
- 14/07 How to get into Speaker Bureaus
- 28/07 How to avoid the one note keynote
- 11/08 No really, it’s funny! (Using Comedy and Humour in a professional setting)
- 25/08 The Secret to winning speaking contests
- 08/09 How to make LinkedIn work for your speaking business
- 22/09 How to get paid what you are worth
- 13/10 The Power of Visual Aids
- 27/10 Niching to get the right customer
Followed by more themes responding to the needs of the members, for example:
- Crafting and delivering a respectful and appropriate Eulogy
- Nailing your Wedding Speeches
- How to make an Acceptance speech
- Level up – MC’ing an event
- Professional Speaking bodies
- Marketing your speaking business
Please email any questions to OxfordIATM@gmail.com or speak to Sam Warner or Helena Boden-Brewer who are the club sponsors.
Hope to see you there.