Thank you for visiting Toastmasters International District 91 website.
We are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy rights of our members. This policy describes the types of information that District 91 may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit www.d91toastmasters.org.uk and our practices for collecting, using, protecting and disclosing that information. By visiting any website in the www.d91toastmasters.org.uk domain, you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
In simplified form (greater detail is below), our policy can be summarized as follows:
- We may collect some information about you, as described in this policy, but you can control how much you share about yourself.
- We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18 years of age.
- We will not sell your personal information but may share such information with third-party service providers in order to streamline functions on our behalf. If we use a third-party, they will be vetted to ensure they protect your information.
- We may collect, use and share aggregated, anonymous information about our users.
- In certain legal situations, we may be compelled to disclose your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
When you apply to become a member, we will collect personal data as necessary to register the membership. Typical information required maybe your name, postal address, telephone number and email address in order to establish the membership.
We may ask you to provide us with additional information including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or in written format, email, phone or chat. This includes information provided to subscribe to services available on our website, registration for online events, post material or request further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Requests to join our social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes and member experience.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our website. (Credit card information is always immediately disposed of after the purchase is complete).
- Your search queries on our website.
- There may be features that are developed in the future that may result in the collection of additional new information.
- Providing your details when attending events.
For example, you provide information when you search for a product; provide information in your personal profile (or profiles, if you have more than one); communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire, or use other D91 Toastmasters website features. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name (or another person’s), address, and phone numbers; content of emails to us; personal information (your name and any Toastmasters International honours or awards you’ve received); and financial information.
You can choose not to provide certain information or to have it deleted, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your future visits to the D91 Toastmasters website, improving our website, and communicating with you.
Any information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size, browser statistics, and popularity of content and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
We will use the information you enter on the site for administration purposes and any other purposes made clear in the data entry forms themselves, in any relevant terms or conditions and on any pages or emails which link to such forms. If you click on a ‘submit my details’ button on the website, your contact details will be used to send you servicing information related to your selection or ultimate objective. Very occasionally, we may also invite you to participate in a customer survey to improve our service to you.
Why do we retain personal data?
How does District 91 Toastmasters use the collected information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products or services as part of your membership.
- To offer and fulfil our legitimate business purposes.
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
What about cookies?
Cookies are tiny bits of information that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as your personalized profile.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, leaving cookies on will allow you to take full advantage of some of Toastmasters most entertaining and helpful features.
Examples of performance cookies set by D91toastmasters.org.uk and our suppliers
Google DoubleClick We use Google DoubleClick to measure the effectiveness of our online marketing campaigns.
Google Analytics From time to time some of our online services, including mobile apps, use Google Analytics. This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate the use of those services and compile a report for us.
YouTube embedded content cookies enable opt-in for YouTube navigation. For videos that are visible on www.d91toastmasters.org.uk a persistent cookie is set by YouTube when you click to play the video. This persistent cookie is used by YouTube to help maintain the integrity of video statistics. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check YouTube’s website for more information.
Does District 91 Toastmasters share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. However, we may share your information for the following purposes:
This includes the organization’s World Headquarters, which manages www.toastmasters.org, as well as Toastmasters divisions, areas and individual Toastmasters clubs. In keeping with our regular offline business practices, District 91 Toastmasters will provide information about Toastmasters members to these internal associates for communication purposes only.
Third-Party Service Providers:
We may share information with third-party service providers to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, streamlining large emails, hosting online events, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing website data, providing website design assistance, conducting surveys, and processing credit card payments. Third parties may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. All third-parties have been carefully vetted, and when necessary may have signed data protection agreements.
Protection of Toastmasters.org and Others:
We may release account and other personal information when appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of District 91 and Toastmasters International, our members, or others. This may include exchanging information with civil authorities, other companies and organizations in order to protect District 91 Toastmasters International and its members from illegal activities. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this policy.
Do I have choices about sharing my information?
www.d91toastmasters.org.uk gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Examples of data you can access at www.d91toastmasters.org.uk include your order history and personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, and your club membership history). This list will change and expand as our website evolves.
You may choose not to provide data and opt-out of services and communications along the way, but certain services may be unavailable to you as a result. Alternatives for making purchases or updating your records may involve using the postal service or courier service.
You can opt-out of receiving non-essential communications via email, postal mail, or telephone. Even if you opt-out of getting messages, we will still send you transactional messages such as order confirmations and receipts and communications necessary to further our legitimate business interests.
How secure is my information?
District 91 Toastmasters is committed to protecting the security of your personal information and maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet industry standards to guard your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. We protect your account information by placing it on the secure portion of our website, using firewalls and other security technology to protect our network and systems from external attacks, and requiring you to enter a unique username and password to access your account information online.
When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption. We use industry-standard (SSL) technology to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing potentially sensitive information, such as your name and address, as well as critically sensitive information like your credit card number that you provide or access during a secure session (look for a padlock or key and chain icon on your browser).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Passwords, registered with our website, are encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorized access to your personal information. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our website. It is important for you to guard against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Are children allowed to visit or shop at www.toastmasters.org?
www.d91toastmasters.org.uk does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use www.d91toastmasters.org.uk only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
How may you amend the data submitted by you?
If your details change, please resubmit them on the site and our records will reflect your new details.
If you consented to receive marketing communications when you visited our website you can change your personal details at any time by writing, with your full name, address and other contact details (to enable us to find your records) using the contact us form on this site.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to
- Transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise, restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 1 working day for this to take place.
If you require any further guidance on your rights and the information we hold about you, please contact us. Requesting a copy of your personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may request a copy of any personal data about you held by us and we have to reply within one calendar month.
The request can be made verbally, electronically by email or in writing.
In order to process your request, and to ensure we have verified your identity, we may require additional information of you such as:
Your name and postal address
A telephone number where you can be reached
Your email address
Should additional information be required to fulfil the request made then we will contact you using the information provided.
If you wish to request a copy of any personal data about you and held by us, please use the contact us page on this site.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
District 91 Toastmasters International may change, add, modify or remove portions of this policy at any time, which shall become effective immediately upon posting on this page. The date the policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. It is your responsibility to review this policy for any changes. By continuing to use our website, you agree to any changes in the policy.