Welcome to Toastmasters! Get started straight away!
You have joined a community of 364,000 people all over the world who are developing their communications, confidence and leadership skills. We know from experience that the more you put into this, the more you will get out of it, so let’s get started!
Education is an integral part of every Toastmaster’s journey, and it is a critical aspect of all club meetings around the world. Develop and practice communication and leadership skills in the safe, supportive environment of your club, working through projects and assignments that enable you to build real-world skills in a variety of disciplines.
Learn at your own pace in a proven curriculum built on four guiding principles that have been in place since Toastmasters founded in 1924.
- Experiential learning – By giving speeches and fulfilling leadership roles, you practice and improve.
- Peer feedback – Grow and improve through honest and supportive peer evaluation.
- Mentoring – Experienced mentors encourage, guide and support you in your goals and help you to achieve more than you thought possible.
- Self-paced program – Develop skills at your own pace and comfort level.
- Embark on a journey of personal and professional development through Pathways, Toastmasters’ education program.
Pathways designed to help you build the skills you need to communicate and lead, and comprises of 11 paths that teach more than 300 unique competencies.
As you progress through Pathways, you will:-
- Practice and improve your communication and leadership skills
- Give speeches in your club based on assignments in Pathways
- Challenge yourself to build and refine individual competencies and skills
Pathways will provide projects that include persuasive speaking, motivating others, creating a podcast and leading a group in a difficult situation.
You’ll develop real-world, transferable skills in many different areas through Pathways—communication, leadership, management, strategic planning, service to others, public speaking and more.
Why not start by taking a look the Navigator to help you get started.