Calling all Experienced Toastmasters – looking for a new challenge?
Like to be the first to know about exciting new opportunities? Then this is your chance to become an Ambassador for the Revitalized Education Program (REP) – the biggest and most important change to the Toastmasters education program in our history.
The important job of the REP Ambassadors is to prepare the clubs and their members for this vital change, telling them what is happening and helping to answer any questions.
As the Chief Ambassador for District 91 (Southern England and Wales), I receive information about the new program – scheduled to be introduced worldwide in 2017 – from the World HQ development team in the USA. For each Area in our District, we have had an Ambassador to take this REP information and present it to the clubs, explaining what’s going on and how it will benefit members.
But our District is growing fast, and at the May Council Meeting decisions were taken to reorganise our Divisions and Areas. This means we need more REP Ambassadors to make sure that all our Divisions and Areas are covered.
To fill one of these Ambassador roles you must be an experienced Toastmaster – you have to understand the current education program so you can address members’ questions and concerns about the REP.
To carry out this important role, you will be expected to give presentations at each of the clubs in your designated Area about 3 or 4 times a year and attend Area contests and training events. (Reasonable travel expenses will be paid).
We work alongside the Area and Division Directors, but while their focus is on the current operations of the District, ours is on the future.
The REP Ambassador role provides you with a unique opportunity to use and develop your speaking and leadership skills inside and outside your own clubs.
Other benefits of the Ambassador role include:
- You will be the first to get information about the REP, even before our District Leaders are briefed
- You will be helping to refine the REP by feeding back members’ ideas and concerns
- You can get yourself known among those casting their votes next Spring if you are planning to stand for election as an Area Director
- You will achieve great personal satisfaction knowing you are doing a vital job for the clubs in your Area, preparing them for this challenging and important change
- The role will be recorded on your official Toastmasters’ profile and you will receive a special badge of office.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please TAKE ACTION NOW – send me an email. I will then contact you to discuss the role.
In your email, please state clearly: –
- Your name
- Your home club(s)
- The Toastmasters’ awards you have gained e.g. ALS, ACB, DTM etc.
HURRY…….GET IN TOUCH NOW!! There are only a limited number of these unique REP Ambassador vacancies and it’s first come first served, so don’t miss out!