PR and Marketing for Toastmasters’ Clubs: A hands-on workshop for officers and members.
Have you ever wanted to plan marketing or PR for your club but didn’t know where to start? Or thought you had a good news story but didn’t know how to pitch it to the press? Or wanted to know how to produce a Facebook page? (Or just wondered what it is?)
If you have ever wanted to know about the basics of marketing your club, this is the workshop for you.
This workshop will cover how to:
• Understand the best marketing and PR methods for small organisations and what works at a local level
• How to write a press release, talk to and contact journalists and media organisations.
• The basics of producing a leaflet and a Facebook page
• How to organise, run and market an event promoting your club – and look at what events work best!
• How to write for your audience and how to make the most of your copy
At the end of the workshop, you will take away:
• A draft marketing plan for your club
• An overview of different types of marketing and how to create them and make them work
• How journalists work, what makes a good story and how to pitch to the press.
The workshop will be delivered by Kate Wood and Chris Nye from Lewes Speakers Club on behalf of Area 55 and will be followed by the Area 55 International Speech and Evaluation Contest.
Date: Saturday 2nd April
Time: 10.00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Lansdown Hotel, King Edward’s Parade, Eastbourne, BN21 4EE
For further information and to book, contact Sue Pellow, Area 55 Director on 07803 234 894 or via email.
Area 55 International Speech and Evaluation Contest
The Area 55 Area International Speech and Evaluation Contest will take place at the Lansdowne Hotel, King Edward’s Parade, Eastbourne from 2pm on Saturday 2nd April followed by the election of the Area Director for A55.
Contest Chair is Barnaby Davies and Chief Judge is Meg Heyworth.