From Alex de Jong
**STOP PRESS!** We are delighted to announce Erick Rainey will be delivering his Winning Speech Contests Workshop at the 4 Toastmasters European District Champions event in London on Saturday 11 July 2015.
Erick Rainey is a successful speech competitor, having won 23 competitions and lost 7. He has twice made it to the final; once in 2005 (Toronto) and once in 2009 (Mashantucket). He placed 3rd on both occasions.
- How to cultivate a winning mindset, keep cool under pressure and stay present and focused on stage,
- The do’s and don’ts of practicing your speech
- Where to extract quality feedback
- What the best structure is for your 7½ minute timeline for writing your speeches
Whether you are planning on competing or not you will learn huge amount from this session. The workshop is loaded with invaluable tools and techniques for writing and practicing and delivering your speeches.
What will our 4 champions being doing at this event?
For this special event they will:
- deliver their district contest-winning speeches in preparation for the Toastmasters International Speech Contest Semi-Finals at the Toastmasters International Convention in Las Vegas
- deliver the speeches they’ve been practicing, polishing, and perfecting for the World Championship of Public Speaking (which includes the winners of all nine Semi-finals)
- you’ll be treated to a 25 minute evaluation masterclass by UK & Ireland Evaluation Champion, Lynne Cantor, and we’ll use these tools and techniques to analyse their championship speeches.
How can you book to attend?
Less than 25 seats are left on sale. Act fast to reserve a ticket at http://roadtovegas.eventzilla.net/ for £13.99.
Where will the event be held?
The venue opens at 1:45pm for networking and starts promptly at 2pm. finishing at 6pm. Venue: St Anne’s Church, 55 Dean Street, Soho, London, W1D 6AF. Please also register your interest and contribute to the discussion on our Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/705685536244593/