Your District Needs you!
Our amazing organisation is helping you learn and practice communication and leadership skills. As you progress on your journey, you may have already taken on Club leadership roles, supported contests and training events. Now is the time to think about the next step in your Toastmasters development.
The application process for Program Year 2024/25 District Leadership elective roles (District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director and Division Director) is now open.
- 29th November 2023 – Call for candidate declarations
- 19th February 2024 – Deadline for nominations 5pm GMT
- 24th February – 10th March 2024 – window for interviews
Trio Candidates – 90 mins – Presentation + Panel Interview
Division Director Candidates – 60 mins – Presentation + Panel Interview
- 23rd March 2024 latest – DLC notifies District Director of nominated candidates
- 6th April 2024 latest – DLC report and biographical forms emailed to District Council members and posted on District website
- 4th May 2024 – Annual Meeting of the District Council and Elections
The following 5 items make up the application process to be completed by 5pm GMT 19th February 2024.
- Signed District Leader Agreement and Release Statement (DLARS)
- Completed Application Form – Please attach a copy of your ‘Offices Held’ record from your Toastmasters profile on your achievement board
- Candidate Biography Form
- District Leader Nomination Form
- A recent photo/headshot
All applications must be emailed to me: Rupa Datta email@example.com
Below are some helpful resources to help you on your way….
- District Leadership Handbook
- Map of Service to Members
- District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities
- District Leader Competencies
I look forward to receiving your application!
Immediate Past District Director, District Leadership Committee Chair 2023/24
*The roles of District Finance Manager, District Administration Manager and District Public Relations Manager are appointed by the incoming District Director. The DLC will take expressions of interest to pass on but will not be interviewing candidates for these roles.
District 91 elects our Area Directors. In November 2023, the District Executive Committee agreed the deadline for Area Director elections to take place for the 2024/25 program year is 11:59pm, London time on Friday 19th April 2024. Four weeks written notice must be provided to the Area Council of the date on which the elections will take place.
The minutes/results of the election are to be emailed to current District 91 Director, Diane Richardson, as soon as possible after the event has taken place – firstname.lastname@example.org
The District Leadership Committee will not be interviewing Area Director candidates however are happy to answer any questions about the process. More information about Area Leadership can be found here – Area – Toastmasters UK South – District 91 Members
Last Updated on 15th February 2024 by Rupa Datta