Check our latest leadership vacancies and see how you can help our District thrive!
All District roles are voluntary.
Our District Public Relations team invites you to join us!
Level-up your PR, communication, and content creation skills for both work and beyond club level.
- You’re likely to be someone who has been your club VP PR or Area Director, or had similar experience outside Toastmasters.
- You enjoyed your experience and would like to take things further to stretch yourself and gain skills transferable to your occupation.
- You may also be looking for a High Performance Leadership project.
Our goal is to become agents of change so that our District is seen as a leading light within Toastmasters worldwide for PR and Marketing as it grows membership and clubs in 2023-24. Happiness brings success, and our team embodies this. So far this year we have replaced the Constant Contact email service (used from 2014-23) with ActiveCampaign customer relationship management service, to improve our engagement with our members. We have underpinned and updated our website software and then integrated our website with ActiveCampaign. We’re now set up for success and will be building out our PR propositions to support our members and our clubs better.
Roles – can be individual or paired, depending on your availability
- Digital Analytics (DA) – Gain skills improving our member engagement (Google Analytics and ActiveCampaign) and YouTube viewer engagement (VidIQ and TubeBuddy)
- Customer experience (CX) – Gain skills identifying, creating, measuring and curating evergreen content to convert social media and website engagement into prospective members, club visitors and members. Work with the DA to provide timely and relevant content to improve our member engagement.
- Audio-Visual production – Gain skills managing and real-time producing live streaming to social media platforms (initially LinkedIn)
- Webmaster – Gain WordPress content generation and management skills, including backup and restore. Short term – maintain WordPress software environment (including use of staging environment to test updates), help migrate to managed service.
- Social Media Coordinator – Drive external social media channels using Postoplan, channeling engagement to our website “Find a Club” feature and building LinkedIn following to 15K by July 2024 (repeating last year’s 50% year on year growth).
Contact Nikita Parks our District Public Relations Manager to find out more
Administration Support Members x 3
Administration tasks require a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and ideally Google Sheets/Docs. Database and administration experience preferred.
Time commitment: On average, an hour or so per week depending on projects and time of year. Roles starting from now until the end of June 2024, an opportunity to develop Pathways Projects or HPL Projects and extend work beyond June 2024.
- Logistics Support: Support in preparing logistics for hybrid or online District events i.e. District Business meetings, District Leadership training, Hall of Fame